Our Responsibility to You:
At Pennygate Health Centre we believe that taking responsibility is the key to creating a peaceful environment:
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent. You will be seen by your own doctor whenever possible.
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment.
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 working hours of your request being received at the surgery.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
Your Responsibilities to Us:
- Please treat all surgery staff with the same respect - we are all just doing our job.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Tell us of any change of name, or address or contact telephone number, so that our records are accurate.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate.
- Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery, and night visits should be for emergencies only.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency.
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant's letter or the results of any tests to reach us. You will be advised of the usual length of time to wait.
- Use the Patient Access online system request your repeat prescription whenever possible.
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you.
- We would, of course, be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due as well.